The 26th edition of the World Congress on Ozone, organized by the International Ozone Association - IOA and with the support of Cluster LE2C, will be held in Milan.
The International Ozone Association - IOA, a non-profit scientific and educational organization dedicated to collecting and disseminating information and promoting research on all aspects related to ozone and oxidizing species technologies.
The IOA is organizing the 26th edition of the Ozone and Advanced Oxidation World Congress & Exhibition. This year, the Congress will be held for the first time in Milan, from July 2nd to 7th, 2023, at Politecnico di Milano - Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133.
Themes and objectives
The Congress will host international experts, including:
- Veronica Manfredi, from the European Commission DG zero pollution and quality of life on air, water & industrial emission;
- Luca Lucentini, Director of the Department of Internal Water Hygiene at the National Institute of Health and co-author of the World Health Organization's guidelines on drinking water quality;
- Thaer Yaseen, Regional Plant Protection Officer for the FAO-RNE for the Middle East and North Africa; and Urs von Gunten;
- Urs von Gunten, Swiss environmental chemist and professor at EPFL.
The experts will present and discuss the latest developments on new European and national directives and regulations and knowledge and technologies for the development and application of ozone-based processes and other advanced oxidation systems for:
- Environmental protection and human health (water, gas, soil, and waste).
- Industrial production and treatment: cellulose and paper, food, electronics, chemicals, and more.
- Medical therapy.
By participating in the Congress, attendees can meet experts and delve into the main trends of the sector, discover innovative technologies, and develop business opportunities with the over 400 expected participants.
As part of the LE2C initiative, they will participate in the conference "Ozone in the management of the integrated water cycle" to present the work of the Working Group on "Emerging and Priority Micro Pollutants" (GdL-MIE).
De Nora Industries, a LE2C member, will attend the Congress with an exhibition stand and will be involved in several conferences with their technical speakers.
In addition, among the planned technical visits, Lariana Depur S.p.A. - a LE2C member - will allow interested participants to visit their wastewater treatment plant on Friday, July 7th, 2023. The plant uses ozone for various applications, such as color removal, COD reduction, and sludge reduction through an ozonolysis process.
To view the Congress PROGRAM, click HERE.