Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Borio Mangiarotti S.p.A.

Head office

via Lesmi 11, 20123, Milano, (MILANO), Italia

Website

http://www.boriomangiarotti.eu/

about us

The registered office of the company BORIO MANGIAROTTI S.p.A. (formerly BORIO FRASCOLI) is in Milan, in Via Lesmi no. 11. The company was founded in 1920 and immediately entered the residential construction sector, taking part in municipal building programmes involving maintenance, modernisation of existing structures and the construction of new buildings to accommodate the increased administrative size of the city, which saw a rapid recovery in construction activity due to the massive influx of immigrants following the war. In 1926, BORIO FRASCOLI became a joint-stock company by acquiring not only new share capital, but contributions from valuable partners in creating a network of professional commitments. As early as the 1920s, an aspect that will be a constant feature of the company’s modus operandi starts to take shape: the precision and executive quality of the building materials entrusted to it. Characteristics that help to create a special relationship of trust between the customer, the designer and the builder, borne out by the long-lasting and frequent partnerships with prestigious clients (from the Castelbarco-Erba family, to the Mattioli’s, from the Crespi’s to the Visconti di Modrone’s) and with some of the top contemporary architects: the best example of all this is Giovanni Muzio, Gigiotti Zanini and Giuseppe De Finetti. Carlo Mangiarotti joined the company in 1929, and in 1930 became majority shareholder and Chairman. Important relations were also established with Public Authorities and, in particular, the IACP (Person-centred Approach Institute) of Milan, also lending its skills to solving design and technical problems by experimenting with new methods and building materials. Alongside civil construction, during these years the industrial sector starts to develop which, in fact, is the driving force from the late 1930s, at first latching on to the need for the development of military facilities and, subsequently, the need for reconstruction and the national economic recovery. The capacities demonstrated in the first few years of the 1940s ensure that the company is automatically included in the major rebuilding and industrial strengthening works in the 1950s. Also, during this period, in 1954 to be precise, the company changed its name, becoming the civil and industrial construction company BORIO MANGIAROTTI & C. sas. The company broadened the scope of its works throughout Italy over the next ten years. Ongoing partnership relations are maintained with the major production companies, including Montecatini in particular. Also worthy of note are the religious building works, as regards the construction of new churches and parochial houses in Milan: on one hand, in this sector relations with famous architects are consolidated, involving the churches on Via Pezzotti and Via Inganni designed by Muzio, and on the other, a partnership is launched with other professionals, like the architects Carlo De Carli, Luigi Figini and Gino Pollini. After the middle of the 1960s, BORIO MANGIAROTTI continues its intense rate of activity, finding new outlets and new markets. In contrast to a decrease in industrial jobs, the number of civil jobs grows, with the construction of new residential buildings engrained in the fabric of the city. This incorporates, among other things, a high structural content piece of work such as the underground garage beneath Vie Santa Sofia, Lentasio and Corso di Porta Romana. The company is among the first to experiment with the application of Law 865 regarding surface rights in the "Le Azalee" district in Gallarate, and subsequently continues (law 457) in various areas, predominantly in the Milan hinterland, many of which are currently in progress. Also worthy of note is the company’s direct participation in the activities and associative organisations of construction companies where Carlo Mangiarotti held the role of Vice-Chairman of ANCE in the 1970s, Chairman of Assimpredil of Milano and of Centredil of Lombardy, and Claudio De Albertis, now a company Director, was Chairman of ANCE, Chairman of Centredil of Lombardy and is still Chairman of Assimpredil of Milan.

Offer

  • Products

Certificates / qualifications

  • SOA
  • OHSAS 18001
  • UNI EN ISO 14001
  • UNI EN ISO 9001

Smart Energy
Systems

Sustainable
Manufacturing

Green
Building

Water Energy
Nexus