The exposure of the population to air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions are significantly linked to the activities of production and consumption of energy and have significant consequences on the health of citizens, locally, and on the climate, globally.
The Area intends to promote actions to monitor and improve air quality and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases (GHG) through:
- research and development of new technologies, materials and tools for energy efficiency, reduction of energy consumption, increased production and use of renewables and biofuels, materials for the sequestration of pollutants in the atmosphere;
- the development of innovative integrated technologies and approaches to support the planning, management and monitoring of air quality in line with the regional plan (PRIA) and the "Smart Cities and Communities" guidelines of the European Commission.
- Identify and promote supply chains of industries in Lombardy that operate in energy efficiency, reduction of energy consumption, increased production and use of biofuels and renewable energy, favoring a circular economic system.
- Realize a process of aggregation according to the RRI model (Responsible Research and Innovation), promoted by the European Commission, able to enlist stakeholders (researchers, citizens, public administrators, businesses and organizations of the Third Sector and others ...) and to guide the research and innovation activities so that they are transformed into actions of operational technology transfer for the territory.
- Encourage participation in research and development projects in the sector, also by promoting initiatives at regional, national and European level.
- Encourage the adoption of an integrated approach in the management and planning of air quality and the containment of GHG emissions with a view to the sustainability indicated by Agenda 2030 in Objective 13.
- Increase information and decision support activities at regional level on Energy and Environment (interaction with regional structures, e.g. through meetings with managers of the Directorate General for Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development).
- Promote at the Lombardy Region the preparation of calls for proposals to meet the challenges of the sector.
RT @R_ACES_EU: Meet the speakers of our RERA meeting! Listen to interesting talks about building innovative & sustainable… https://t.co/gmjk6IZMvK