The conference - organized by LE2C, Politecnico di Milano and Università degli Studi di Bergamo, as part of the All4Climate 2021 initiative promoted by the Ministry of Ecological Transition - aims to illustrate the challenges and solutions for real sustainable building in Italy, looking both at the 2050 targets proposed at global and European level, and at the specificities of the Italian territory.
The conference "Innovation in Green Building and Sustainable Development Goals: from Green Washing to Extended Sustainability", co-organized with the Politecnico di Milano and the University of Bergamo within the LE2C "Green Building" Focus Area, will be held on September 28, from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm.
The event will be held in hybrid mode, therefore, it will be possible to attend in presence or follow the conference remotely.
During the event, industry experts will speak to provide an analysis of how buildings will change in the near future, taking into account the ongoing climate change, the measures to be put in place to prevent and reduce these changes, the need to create sustainable buildings and safe cities more livable and efficient.
Will also be presented cases of excellence from international experiences and the world of research that will outline the scenarios of future development in green building.
Subsequently, three parallel working tables will be started, in which some companies will share their experiences and best practices, which are also the result of collaboration between University-Industry, with the aim of enhancing the local research systems.
- Stefano Capolongo, Director of the Department of Architecture, Construction Engineering and Built Environment (ABC) of Politecnico di Milano
- Giovanni Lozza, Director of the Energy Department of Politecnico di Milano and Board Member of Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster
European point of view
- #BuildingLife a policy roadmap for decarbonizing the built environment to 2050 - Marco Caffi, Vice President of the European Regional Network of the World GBC
- Integrated redevelopment pilot project: combined of energy performance and resilience adjustment - Paolo Negro, Research Project Manager at Joint Research Centre (JRC) - European Commission
- The role of buildings in the transition to a carbon-neutral society. The case study of the City of Zurich - Niko Heeren, Sustainable Construction Department of Stadt Zürich with Francesco Pittau, Politecnico di Milano, former researcher at ETH Zürich
Italian point of view: National Recovery and Resilience Plan and challenges for the construction sector
- Riccardo Bombelli, Coordinator of the Technology, Innovation and Environment Commission of ANCE Lombardia
- Antonio Pezzini, Energy Efficiency Expert of the Ministry of Ecological Transition (MITE)
Open discussion on industrial scenarios for green building with focus on:
- Innovative building materials and technologies.
- New generation plants and smart technologies.
- Towards zero-emission, safe and resilient buildings.
Invited to the open discussion panel: Confindustria Lombardia - Enterprise Europe Network, Glass to Power, Marlegno, MBA Costruzioni, Schneider Electric, Tree Solutions.
Angelo Luigi Marchetti, CEO of Marlegno and Board Member of Lombardy Energy Cleantech Cluster
Moderators: Giuliana Iannaccone, Polytechnic of Milan
Alessandra Marini, University of Bergamo
The event is free of charge and will be held in Italian.
The event is open to professionals, companies, researchers and operators in the field of real estate.